Your Cart is Empty

Funding & the Public Health Sector

May 10, 2018

Victoria’s older community deserve to age with dignity and respect, but unfortunately today’s built environment was not designed for people with limited balance, mobility, or vision. It’s important for senior citizens to be able to remain active in our communities, and we are continually grateful to have been given the opportunity to help thousands of people retain and regain their independence with daily tasks and occupations so they can continue to contribute and live a a better life. 

Navigating the public health sector can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. On top of being a registered provider under the NDIS, Endeavour was the longest serving preferred provider to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) after commencing this contract in 1985, and was also a contracted provider to the TAC/VWA for over nine years. Additionally, we have worked with the Statewide Equipment Program (SWEP), as well as many private providers such as Bolton Clarke (formerly Royal District Nursing Services), Allianz Global Assist, Vision Australia, Community Support Options, Baptcare, Melbourne City Mission and many others to better the lives of our clients, has grown to become one of the most trusted and reliable names in the industry. 

Depending on your age, injury, disability or personal circumstances, you may be eligible for funding through a variety of different schemes and programs. Here are some link's that we hope you find useful:


National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is designed for Australians living with permanent and significant disability to access funding from the government according to their specific needs. The scheme gives participants choice and control of the services and providers they wish to engage with. Endeavour Life Care and ELC Home Modifications are both registered providers under the NDIS.

People living with a disability are referred to as ‘participants’ under the scheme, and those offering services to participants such as homecare equipment, home modifications or Occupational Therapy are called "Providers". It represents a significant change in the funding delivery model where all Australians contribute towards the available funding by default, and can access it if needed, similar to the UK's NHS. The NDIS is still being rolled out across Australia, so make sure it’s available in your area before you make a decision to contact them. Here’s some information on how to apply:



Independent Living Centres Australia 

ILC Australia offer impartial advice to help people understand their options for home modifications, assistive technology and homecare equipment. They are a fantastic institution that offer independent advice and let you try out different options from many different brands (including Endeavour Life Care, of course) before you commit to buying anything. They employ registered health professionals such as Occupational Therapists and have locations around Australia. 



Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)

CHSP offer a range of services, including home modifications and maintenance for people aged 65+ (or 50+ for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders) on a pension. Contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit their website for more information.

Also in Learning & Resource Centre

Shower chairs, toilet frames and more! Bathroom and toilet aids to prevent falls in your bathroom

February 17, 2021

Getting support from bathroom and toilet aids like shower chairs and toilet frames play an important role in allowing you to safely and independently use your bathroom. 
Read More
How aged care equipment can help you live safely and independently

February 05, 2021

Aged care equipment, mobility aids and walking aids can help prevent falls and help seniors and those living with a disability live safely and independently.

Read More